Code of Ethics Section I: Transparency and Compliance
1.I will be transparent and truthful about my experience, expertise, results, credentials, and abilities with my customers, followers, peers, media, and the greater public.
- I will make clear descriptions of any product or service I am offering for sale, including pricepoints and any recurring billing, so that my customers always know what they are signing up for, purchasing, and receiving.
- I will comply with the marketing guidelines of the CAN-SPAM Act in my electronic communications, including ensuring that recipients of my broadcast emails have opted-in to receive communications from me and that they have the option to unsubscribe or change their contact information at the bottom of all my emails.
- I will comply with the marketing guidelines of the United States Federal Trade Commission, including refraining from making false claims, income or results guarantees, or misleading testimonials, income claims, or financial statements; I will only make claims which I can substantiate and I will also clearly post and articulate earning disclaimers on any webpage or correspondence that references income opportunities.
- I will disclose to my audience that I am an affiliate of a third party should I anticipate receiving an affiliate commission or referral compensation for recommending their products or services to my audience.
- I will not offer professional legal, financial, or medical advice unless I am qualified to do so, which in many cases require professional degrees or certifications by law, and when necessary I will refer my customers or followers to an appropriate certified advisors.
- I will not promote any products, marketing campaigns, or services that (a) directly sends marketing to children under the age of thirteen (13), (b) discriminates against others, (c) perpetuates hate or misinformation, (d) features paid actors pretending to be a fictional customer or client, (e) utilizes false scarcity techniques (for example, that claim a limited number of products exist when it is not true, or that a promotion expires at a certain time when it does not).
Code of Ethics Section II: Customer Service Excellence
1.I will seek to overdeliver on my promises to my customers.
- I will endeavor to understand my client and audience needs, problems, and ambitions in hopes of serving them with information that can help them achieve their goals.
- I will provide a minimum of a 30-day money back guarantee on all of my products and programs, and I will not make my customers jump through hoops or endure hardships or humiliation in order to receive refunds.
- I will provide customer support for all of my products and programs.
- I will respect the privacy and confidential information of my clients and customers.
- I will not participate in any forum or agreement that engages in illegal activity, marketplace collusion, or discrimination on the basis of age, race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, or any other factor.
- I will honor my customer's financial situations and not seek to persuade them into spending money they do not have or that could lead to their financial ruin.
- I will post contact information on all of my sales pages and in all of the receipts/confirmations that my customers receive so that they can always find a way to easily contact my office.
Code of Ethics Section III: Community Collaboration
1.I will honor and engage my peers in the industry with respect and professionalism.
- I will cite sources and give credit to others when I quote them in any format, and I will not misrepresent others' works as my own.
- I will not train from, distribute, or publish others' works or content without permission from the author or originator of such work.
- I will not misuse the name or likeness of others in the industry to create false associations of credibility.
- I will pursue my profession, build my brand, and seek continuing education at the highest levels of excellence and refrain from practices that will discredit the community and industry.
- I will not use the Experts Industry Association seal in any of my websites, materials, or communications until I have attended the Annual Conference, have agreed to further stringent guidelines, and have been given permission and certification to do so.
I will seek to leave a legacy of strong customer service, and focus my career on offering distinct and valuable information that helps others improve their lives.