Why Are Headlines So Important?
When you are writing your content for your network marketing business you need to take the headlines into account. And the reason is a very important one.
Headlines are the attention getter for your content. When you’re dealing with all that hard SEO work you do everyday you need to have a headline as your title tag in order to draw people to click on your link. This is the number one reason why people chose your site over all the others. Of course being number 1 in the search results doesn’t hurt, but if your like me you read the first three or four results before clicking on a link to see which one interests you most.
The same applies to your emails. You take two roads with this one, which is to use the ones I suggest to you below. Or even better is get yourself Cosmopolitan magazine. They have a way of writing headlines that makes you just want to pick up their magazine. And that’s the same effect you want your headlines to have on your readers, which is to open your emails.
Headline and subject lines are the most important factor in your copy. This is where the reader decides if they are going to stay and read the rest of your post, article, or email so put a lot of though into them.
Here Are Some Headlines To Get You Started
1) What Everybody Ought to Know About (blank)
These particular headlines draw a large amount of curiosity. They also act almost as a challenge to the reader to go ahead and see if they are missing something.
- What Everybody Ought To Know About The 100 Day Challenge
- What Everybody Ought To Know About MyLeadSystemPro
- What Everybody Ought To Know About Network Marketing
2) [Do something] like [example]
I know you remember the headlines “Be Like Mike” market campaign that featured Michael Jordan during the height of his career. This particular campaign made him and his sponsors tons of money and allowed Michael to take on that fantastic baseball career (insert sarcasm here lol).
- Party Like Kim Kardashian
- Dance Like A Rockstar
- Blog Like Seth Godin
These headlines take on a psychology tone. You need to use this headline to appeal to your readers vanity, dissatisfaction, or shame.
- Build a Blog You Can Be Proud Of
- Have a Body You Can Be Proud Of
- Build a Business You Can Be Proud Of
4) Who Else Wants [blank]
These headlines are a take on the classic social proof strategy that works to imply and already existing consensus desire. It tends to be overused in the internet marketing niche, but it does still work in other niche areas.
- Who Else Wants Hundreds of Prospects
- Who Else Wants Free Website Traffic
- Who Else Wants More Time With Their Family
5) The Secret of [blank]
I use these headlines a lot, and for a very good reason, they work. The headlines imply that you are sharing some insider knowledge about the subject and that knowing this knowledge will benefit the reader. This post used it, does it benefit you?
- The Secret of Search Engine Optimization
- The Secret of Lead Generation
- The Secret of Getting More People To Join Your Business
6) Here’s a Quick Way to [solve a problem]
Problem solving is the number one way to get customers with your headlines. Most people who are searching for a topic that relates to a problem are looking for a solution and these headlines help the searcher find yours. When using these headlines make sure that you’re actually solving the problem though. You can turn off a visitor if you draw them in without providing a solution.
- Here’s a Quick Way To Get More Fans
- Here’s a Quick Way To Get More Likes
- Here’s a Quick Way To Lose Weight
These headlines are another way to answer people problems.
- Now You Can Quit Your Job and Make Even More Money
- Now You Can Spend More Time With Your Family and Work From Home
- Now You Can You Can Get More Traffic and Do It On Autopilot
8.) Get Rid of [problem] Once and For All
These headlines are used to identify a painful problem or some otherwise unfulfilled desire that your reader has and wants a fix for.
- Get Rid of Your Unproductive Work Habits Once and For All
- Get Rid of That Carpet Stain Once and For All
- Get Rid of That Acne Once and For All
9) Here is a Method That Is Helping [blank] and [blank]
Use these headlines to target your audience and the benefit that you will provide them.
- Here is a Method That is Helping Network Marketers Leverage Facebook
- Here is a Method That is Helping Blog Owners Write Better Headlines
- Here is a Method That is Helping Affiliates Dominate The Search Engines
10) Little Known Ways to [blank]
The use of these headlines are used less commonly then all the others. The headlines are more intriguing to your reader and accomplish the same thing as the “Secret of” headlines.
- Little Known Ways to Save on Your Advertising Bills
- Little Known Ways to Increase Your Converstions
- Little Known Ways to Research Keywords
Writing good headlines is about knowing good copywriting. But truly it doesn’t have to be that hard here are some more examples I have found on the net the convert well.
- Are You Sick and Tired Of….?
- Are You Ready To Get Serious About….?
- Shocking Developments In….
- New Product Shakes Up Market for…..
- Learn the Top Five Things that….
- Finally Experience the Benefits of….
- Change Your Life Overnight with….
- Explosive Secrets that are Guaranteed to….
- Learn the 10 Dangerous Secrets that Every Successful Person in Your Niche Knows, But You Don’t
- (Frank Kern special) Oh No You Didn’t
Do some research online, take a copywriting course, and get yourself a Cosmopolitan magazine subscription. Headlines are everywhere to be had for you to spin and make your own.
Follow Me On Twitter – Clint Butler’s Twitter Feed
Check Out My FB Page – Clint Butler’s Facebook Page
Check Out My Youtube Channel – Clint Butler’s Youtube Channel
PS: If Your Upline Does Not Have a Step-By-Step Blueprint For Success, Check This Out (Unless You Already Have Too Many Leads) – Click Here For Instant Access